The Eastern Interlake Handi-Van provides pick-up and drop-off service for different groups and individuals for a variety of different reasons.
The provision of a flexible, supportive transportation service to persons with mobility disadvantages is our primary function. This service shall be provided in a courteous and helpful manner which promotes each clients' dignity, integrity, and independence.
- To provide safe, reliable transportation service.
- To be flexible and helpful in arranging transportation services for clients.
- To foster and maintain an attitude of respect for all clients and to strive to meet their needs as they relate to transportation
- To adhere as closely as possible to the scheduled times for client pick-up and drop-off.
- To provide necessary assistance to clients from the door of pick-up to the door of destination.
- To collect fares according to the current fee schedule and document client information in an orderly and complete manner.
- To ensure that vehicles are maintained in a safe manner according to industry standards.
In cases where demand exceeds capacity, service will be carried out on a priority system based on the following:
- Medical - Dialysis
- Personal Business
- Social & Recreation
Service is available as often as possible for group outings. It is important that these excursions are booked at least one week in advance.
Regular Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm